Tuesday 12 April 2016

Moving Forward with NPeW and Heights eLearning

Last night we had an amazing PLD session. We had the fabulous Sue Winters and Hancine Semyvelyan (need to check spelling) from Nga Pumanawa e Waru share the results of the interviews we conducted last year.

We had already gone over this data at our last elearning meeting with them where we had made our goals moving forward.

It was great to be able to take notes and share these with the staff. It's such an awesome initiative - I just really hope we can maintain momentum and keep pushing onwards.

After our NPeW presentation we broke off into our PLG's - Professional Learning Groups. I adore our group. So supportive, friendly, interested and collaborative. We all listen to each other and all share the learning.

Some awesome discussion around having to imagine what Heights will be like in 2029. And then 2020. And then what steps we need to take to get us to 2020.

This shared vision will be so cool when it's finalised and we can see the shared ideas within the staff.

There are certain groups which haven't been working as collaboratively or developing shared learning and I hope those in these groups are switched up so that they can reshake their thoughts around learning and teaching in the 21st century.

I think many teachers are scared about the next steps. Myself - I'm ecstatic. Everything I do is to get myself and my students ready for their new learning. Who knows what will happen in the next few years? Personally as long as I have a positive outlook and continue to enjoy working with students then I'll stay teaching.

The other day I began getting really cynical with my peers. I never ever want to be a cynical person. The million steps forward and billion steps back is breaking me down a bit though. We'll get there.

Already this year we've made some massive improvements! Our network is on the pathway to being injected with awesomeness, access points and routers, shared networks with depts, equity funds and many many other things too. We've been working on professional development and building staff capability. Those who were seen as laggards are pushing themselves across the line. It's awesome!

We still need to boost the confidence of so many more staff members but we'll get there. :) I just need to have faith and break down my six month elearning PLD plan more...

No comments:

Post a Comment