Wednesday 3 February 2016

First Day Back - 2016

I have a really good feeling about this year. The combination of those announcements at the start of the day, our new (but whanau to us) principal Jim Gemmell and a new DP from down the road who mentioned his down the road school a couple times broke the ice and there was a really positive buzz within the staffroom today at lunch. And it wasn't just because of the overwhelming sigh of relief from all of us that the mean kai hadn't stopped because our past principal Violet had left us.

It felt weird not having Ms Pelham there with us today. But I do look forward to seeing where this year takes us all.

My mind is still buzzing. Not sure whether it's just because the shower is dripping STILL after I gave Mia a flea bath, or elated that Mia didn't run away or escape (again like during the holidays when I was on holiday in Wellington), or that I finally finished my LDC1 assessment for the MindLab.

It's all quite exciting.

Was pondering before I gave up trying to stop pondering and grabbed my phone to write all this  - that this year I'll be 28. Every even year I seem to have a good year. Last year I feel like I wasn't myself. I wasn't pushing myself towards any goals and I wasn't really enjoying myself. In the last few days I've made a new kind of focus - just to enjoy and be happy. So that's what I'm going to do. In 2014 when I had the Yes Year it was seriously the best year of my life. I was focussed and motivated and interested in what was going on around me.

Last year was a constant battle of highs and lows and struggles to move millimeters towards seemingly large goals when in reality they're tiny in comparison to the true goals I have.

So... today I also kind of agreed to take part in the Ironman Maori 1/4 Marathon... 10 kms run. 1 km swim. 45km bike ride. I feel a little out of my depth. It's not til November but it's definitely something I can do for me and something I can work towards over a long period of time.

Here's to 2016 - the year of possibility, happiness and enjoying life.

No comments:

Post a Comment